The Institute of Inorganic Chemistry of the Czech Academic of Sciences is an important organization focused on basic and applied research in the Central Bohemia Region. We offer these positions of post-doc/researcher.
REREARCH AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
- Measurement of surface size and determination of pore size distribution of inorganic materials using Quantachrome and Belsorp devices, evaluation of results.
- Investigation of the morphology and elemental composition of inorganic materials using a scanning electron microscope (SEM) with an EDS detector.
- Work in a team and participate in solving fundamental and applied research projects.
- Ing./Mgr. in the physical or chemical field.
- Independence, reliability, diligence, flexibility, good communication skills.
- Motivation to learn new things and take care of SEM device.
What we offer:
Full-time job, creative work environment and support of an experienced team, stable background, quality research infrastructure, adequate pay, flexible working time, subsistence allowance, subsidized language courses, and the possibility of research-oriented practical use. Starting by agreement.
Husinec - Řež, excellent accessibility from Prague (train, bus, bike).
Please send your application with a structured professional CV and a copy of your completed education documents to email@example.com (Petra Ecorchard). Upon completion of the selection procedure, applicants will be informed by e-mail or telephone.
POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN SYNTETIC MAIN GROUP CHEMISTRY
At the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Czech Academy of Sciences (IIC CAS), we are forming a new research team dedicated to main group chemistry. We search for new members to work on interdisciplinary project devoted to reactivity of highly Lewis acidic molecules.
The applicant is expected to be engaged in synthesis and characterization of novel cationic Lewis superacids, develop their knowledge and application in catalysis, molecular sensing and photophysical properties
- Full time contract for a period of 2 years (with possible extension)
- Competitive salary
- Support from Czech Academy of Sciences, the largest research institution in Czech Republic
- Subsidized accommodation near the place of work or in Prague
- Holistic approach, space for your creativity
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Opportunity to join the research group at an early stage and participating on its growth
- D. degree in inorganic, organic or related fields of chemistry
- Strong publication record proving experience in small molecule synthesis and its characterisation (NMR, MS, IR)
- Courage, self-motivation and proactive attitude
- Fluent English (knowledge of Czech language is not required)
- Experience in handling air-sensitive compounds (Schlenk techniques, glovebox...), high and low pressure gas manifolds and/or knowledge of computational chemistry is an advantage
- Place of work: Řež near Prague, Czech Republic (ca 15 minutes by train from Prague)
- Expected start 1 January 2024 or as soon as possible.
- Deadline for applications – end of September 2023
For any details please contact Dr. Karel Škoch directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTDOC / RESEARCHER FOR SYNTHESIS OF NEW BORON COMPOUNDS
- Scientific work on the borderline between inorganic/ organic / organometallic chemistry focused on synthesis of new substitution derivatives of neutral and ionic boron cluster compounds, their metal complexes and functional molecules, particularly those applicable in drug design.
- This competitive appointment is intended to recognize distinguished postdoctoral associates in chemistry and to provide them with experience, mentoring and training to further develop their capabilities.
- The engagement of early career research talent is critical to the success of Boron team mission areas.
- Ph.D. title in Inorganic, Organometallic or Organic Chemistry
- Knowledge of organic or inorganic synthesis
- Basic knowledge about caracterization of compounds by instrumentál methods such as NMR, MS, UV-Vis spektroskopy, etc.
- Responsibilty, reliability and motivation to contribute to joint projects
- Ability to learn about new topic.
What we offer:
- Full time sallary with possibility to compete for support from Czech Academy of Science Programme for excellent PostDocs. The full support of the internationally recognized Boron team will offer the candidate an excellent opportunity for development of a rewarding career in this field.
- Husinec - Řež
- Excellent accessibility from Prague (train, bus, bike).
- Please, send your CV, Motivation Letter along with Letter of Recommendation from your Thesis supervisor or your employer to: email@example.com (Bohumir Gruner)